Milk Processing Unit
Pasteurization is a process that kills harmful bacteria by heating milk to a specific temperature for a set period of time.
Here are some common myths and proven facts about milk and pasteurization:
· Raw milk DOES NOT kill dangerous pathogens by itself.
· Pasteurizing milk DOES NOT cause lactose intolerance and allergic reactions.
· Pasteurization DOES NOT reduce milk's nutritional value.
· Pasteurization DOES NOT mean that it is safe to leave milk out of the refrigerator for extended time, particularly after it has been opened.
· Pasteurization DOES kill harmful bacteria.
· Pasteurization DOES save lives.
Milk Processing Plant is established for following Purpose:-
1. To enhance the keeping quality of milk and also to avoid economic losses to farmers.
2. For manufacturing various milk products like milk powder, cheese, butter, ghee to make it available for the domestic market as well as for export markets.
Type of Milk Processing Plant:-
1. Milk Chilling plants:
It involves collection of milk from the villages, chilling the milk to 3-4 degree Celsius and transporting to the main dairy for further processing and manufacture of products.
2. Market Milk Plants :-
It involves procurement of milk from the villages, chilling, pasteurization, homogenization, packing of milk of various brands (whole, standard, toned and double toned milk) and supplying them to the consumers. The surplus fat is converted into ghee or table butter or sold as cream to bakeries.
3. Composite Milk Processing Plants:-
The project involves the collection of milk and processing into market milk and products like milk powder, cheese, butter, ghee, etc